Antonis Tzedakis, PhD Medical Physicist
- born in Heraklion, Crete, Greece in March 17, 1954
- 1973: following national level examinations admitted to the Faculty of Physics of the ‘University of Ioannina’.
- 1978: graduated as Physicist from Faculty of Physics of the ‘University of Ioannina’ (grade 7.0/10)
- 1981: following examinations admitted in the Postgraduate Course of Medical Physics organized by the Institute of the Greek Atomic Energy Commission.
- 1983: received License to work as Hospital Physicist/Radiation Physicist following examinations organized by the Greek Ministry of Health
- 1983: joined the Medical Physics Department of the ‘Diagnostic and Therapeutic Hospital of Piraeus METAXA’.
- 1989: joined the Medical Physics Department of the ‘University Hospital of Heraklion, Crete’.
- 2008: received my PhD in Medicine from the Medical School of the University of Crete.
|1993-present||Hospital Radiation Physicist and Radiation Protection Specialist in-charge in the Radiotherapy Department of the University Hospital of Heraklion, Crete, Greece.|
- author or co-author in 25 scientific papers published in peer-review journals
- more than 100 citations by other authors.
- participated in more than 15 presentations in international and domestic congresses.
- Monte Carlo simulation of CT diagnostic protocols
- Optimization of patient radiation burden in radiological imaging
- Radiation dose metrics in Radiotherapy procedures