Dosimetry in Medical Imaging
Research activities in Medical Imaging are mainly focused on:
- Development of methods for the estimation of
patient radiation burden from radiological imaging and interventional
- physical anthropomorphic phantoms and thermoluminescence dosimetry
- Monte Carlo simulation software packages
- Development of methods for the estimation of radiation burden to medical, nurse and technical stuff from fluoroscopically guided interventional procedures.
- Optimization of exposure parameters in:
- Radiographic imaging and fluoroscopically guided procedures
- CT examinations
- Investigation of geometric efficiency, over-beaming and over-scanning in multi-detector CT systems.
Radiation and Pregnancy
- Development of new methods for the determination of conceptus dose and risk from diagnostic X-ray examinations.
- Radiation dose optimization in routine X-ray examinations for conceptus dose reduction.
- Development of new methods for the determination of conceptus dose and risk from radiotherapy.